ALL SCHOOLS IN DEERFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTRICT 109 ARE CLOSED.
Health, safety, and well-being are our highest priorities in District 109. Please use this site to access up to date information from the District and other government agencies.
In addition, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), along with the Illinois Poison Center, has set up a hotline for residents to call with questions about COVID-19. You can call the hotline at 800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@illinois.gov.
More information about COVID-19 is available from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC COVID-19. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) also has information available, including a coronavirus hotline, at this link: IDPH COVID-19.
As recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately.
The most important thing you can do to protect yourself is to follow the standard preventive practices. There are a number of steps we can all take to minimize the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.