GET THE LATEST ON COVID-19 FROM THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES (Click to head to their website):
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), along with the Illinois Poison Center, has set up a hotline for residents to call with questions about COVID-19. You can call the hotline at 800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@illinois.gov.
The most important thing you can do to protect yourself is to follow the standard preventive practices. There are a number of steps we can all take to minimize the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.