Welcome to the Department of Finance & Operations
The Department of Finance & Operations provides responsible fiscal and operational management of the District to support staff success, student achievement, and encourage community support. Areas that fall within the department’s responsibility include:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Employee Benefits
- Facilities Management
- Fee Collection
- Work Permits
Greg S. Himebaugh, CSBO
Assistant Superintendent for Finance & Operations
John Filippi, Ed.D., CSBO
Business Office Specialist
Parents of District 109 students can visit the District Center to get work permits for their children. Work permits are issued to minors through age 15 years; a written application must be completed in order to obtain a work permit for a minor and is required under section 205./12 of the Illinois Child Labor Law. Requirements under the Illinois Child Labor Law include:
- Parent or guardian must be present at the time the application is filed
- The minor child to whom the permit will be issued must be present to obtain the work permit.
The following information must be provided for verification:
- The child’s social security card.
- A statement of intention to employ signed by the prospective employer listing the nature of the occupation in which he intends to employ the minor. The exact hours of the day and number of hours per day and days per week must be listed.
- Verification of age:
- Birth Certificate furnished by the State or County or a signed statement of the recorded date and place of birth issued by a registrar of vital records or passport; or
- A certificate of baptism duly certified showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child.
- Phone number and current address.
- The date of the child’s last physical, which must be within one year of the date the minor is applying.
- During the school year only: The pink principal form verifying that the minor is making satisfactory academic progress to work part time. This can be issued on the school letterhead and signed by the principal.
- The work permit form (issued by the Illinois Department of Labor), available from the District Center.
Please contact Jasmen Colon at 847-945-1844 x7221 with questions about work permits.