STEAM U Credit
Credit will be determined by SMART goal, collaboration, and time spent. Credit will be administered once project is turned in and completed.
Why Are We Using MinecraftEDU?
While Minecraft can be a lot of fun to play in your free time, there are some great ways to use it in the classroom as well. We will be using Minecraft in the STEM Lab toprimarily focus on the design and construction of various structures.
What are the guidelines for using Minecraft in the STEM Lab?
- All in-class work must be done in creative mode. Survival mode is only to be used outside of school.
- You may use more than one computer to build ONLY if there are open computers in the Lab. Check with me first.
- Clearly label your save file so that we know who it belongs to and what period you are in.
- Use your class time wisely. Focus your time on completing your SMART Goal.
- Create a scale model of a real-life building.
- Research red stone. Utilize this stone to create a working structure.
- Create a world that teaches new players how to use Minecraft.
- Create a world that tells a story.
- Create a problem solving world for others to try.
- Create a Rube Goldberg machine.
- Important Fact: 1 cube = 1 meter