Students will only be dismissed to a parent or legal guardian, or to emergency contacts designed in Family Access.
All of the exterior school doors are locked at all times during the school day, and all visitors are required to enter through the front office, sign in, and present their photo ID. Students arriving late must go directly to the office with a parent/guardian and sign in. All students leaving early must be signed out by a parent/guardian.
Rules of the Road
What are the drop off/pick up procedures at Caruso?
Please respect all traffic signs and stay off your cell phone. You will see building administrators and staff out and about welcoming students and directing traffic. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. The key points for safety: obey the rules, be patient and respectful, and keep moving!
Additional notes regarding CMS traffic:
- Traffic moves clockwise around the building. Do not attempt to travel against the posted traffic flow.
- You can drop your child off at two locations on the drop-off path. They are the front doors, the 6th grade hallway entrance. Then merge your car left into the drive thru lane to vacate the premises. The 7th grade entrance is reserved solely for bus traffic. It is not a point that parents can drop off students.
- When buses are leaving the premises, cars must stop and yield! Also, please remember that it is illegal to pass a bus with its stop arm out.
- Carefully observe the “Traffic Controller” in the intersection of Montgomery and the entrance to the school. When school is in session, he/she will use a stop sign and hand signals and a stop sign to notify you when it is time to enter or exit the premises.
- The beginning of the afternoon pick-up lane is on the west side of the building. When your child enters the car, you can then merge left into the drive-thru lane to vacate the premises.
- After school is dismissed in the afternoon we begin holding traffic at the back of the building. This is done in order to allow the buses to make it to the elementary on time. Traffic will be released after the buses vacate their pick-up area.
Can my child ride a friend’s bus home from school?
Yes, but only if your child is normally a rider. If you want your child to take a different bus home, please send them with a note to the office indicating their normal bus route and the route they would like to ride home for the day. They will then receive a temporary pass from the office for that day.