Student Registration & Residency
Registration for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school years:Early Learners Program:Please see the Early Learners registration page.All Kindergarten and New 1st - 8th Grade students:Please follow the "Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3" steps listed below.Please note: Active K-8 students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually. Early Learners Pre-K students ARE required to register for Kindergarten.We are in the process of determining how to handle Kindy registration for 2021-22. Due to COVID, we will not be scheduling an in-person Kindy registration event in February as we typicallly do. Please stay tuned for further communcations. You may submit an online enrollment application any time (see Step 1 below).
For questions about registration, please contact:
Katy Ruocco, Registrar
847-945-1844 x7223 ~ email@example.com
For questions about residency, change of address, or change of family status, please contact:
Rebecca Rudd, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
847-945-1844 x7240 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually.
- Only students who reside within the District 109 boundaries are eligible to register; we cannot consider requests for enrollment from out-of-district residents.
- Students in grades K-8 shall attend the school designated for their attendance area. (Board Policy 7:30) Please use the district's Address Finder to confirm the school of enrollment for your home.
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3
To register a NEW student, please follow these three easy steps:
1. Complete an online enrollment application for each child.
- If you are a current District 109 parent, log into Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password. Choose New Student Enrollment.
- If you are new to District 109, please fill out our new online registration application.
- Please make sure you choose the correct enrollment application: 2020-2021 or 2021-2022.
- IMPORTANT: If you have previously filled out an online enrollment application for your child at any time in the past, Family Access will not allow you to fill out another application. Please contact Katy Ruocco at email@example.com for instructions on how to proceeed.
2. Gather the FOUR (4) required documents:
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (a copy will be made and the original returned to you)
- Parenting Agreement for divorced families
- One (1) from this list:
- Property Tax Bill
- Warranty Deed
- Signed Lease with Proof of payment
- Two (2) from this list (must show your name and current address):
- Drivers License or State ID
- License plate registration
- Voter registration
- Auto insurance card/statement
- Gas, Electric or Water utility bill (no cable, wifi, or phone bills)
3. Finalize your child's registration:
Katy Ruocco, Registrar, will contact you with instructions for finalizing your registration. Please watch for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. The process can be completed via email while COVID restrictions are in place.
Full-Day kindergarten is available at each elementary school and provides students with greater learning opportunities. Full-day kindergarten students attend from 8:40am - 3:25pm. Everyone who requests full-day kindergarten will be accommodated.
- 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 Tuition: The Board of Education has eliminated tuition for full-day kindergarten; families of kindergarten students will be assessed the standard material and supply fee that applies to all students in grades K-8.
Half-day kindergarten is available only for the morning session. Students who attend half-day leave school at the lunch break. There is no bus transportation available after morning kindergarten.
Parents will be asked to indicate their session preference (full-day or half-day morning) on the online enrollment application.
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. This is a District fee, due on July 1.
- PTO Activities: Special Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care 5 days a week at each elementary building. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Address or Family Status
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Rebecca Rudd at email@example.com if you have any questions.