Student Registration & Residency
For New Residents and 2019-20 Incoming Kindergarten Students:Online enrollment applications are available to fill out in Skyward for an incoming student for 2019-20 or for a new District 109 resident for the 2018-19 school year. You will be contacted to set up a registration meeting where proof of residency documentation and birth certificate documentation will be reviewed and validated.
For questions about registration, please contact:
Katy Ruocco, Registrar
847-945-1844 x7223 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about residency, change of address, or change of family status, please contact:
Rebecca Rudd, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
847-945-1844 x7240 ~ email@example.com
- Active students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually.
- Only students who reside within the District 109 boundaries are eligible to register; we cannot consider requests for enrollment from out-of-district residents.
- Students in grades K-8 shall attend the school designated for their attendance area. (Board Policy 7:30) Please use the district's Address Finder to confirm the school of enrollment for your home.
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3
To register a NEW student, please follow these three easy steps:
1. Complete an online enrollment application for each child.
- If you are a current District 109 parent, log into the Enrollment Access area of Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password (see image below to find Enrollment Access).
- If you are new to District 109, click this link to begin the registration process.
2. Gather the FOUR (4) required documents:
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (a copy will be made and the original returned to you)
- One (1) from this list:
- Property Tax Bill
- Warranty Deed
- Signed Lease with Proof of payment
- Two (2) from this list:
- Drivers lL License
- License plate registration
- Voter registration
- Auto insurance card/statement
- Gas, Electric or Water utility bill (no cable or phone bills)
3. Finalize your child's registration: Please contact Katy Ruocco at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to review your application, proof of residency and birth certificate documentation. Please note that we also require Parenting Agreement documentation for divorced families.
Full-Day kindergarten is available at each elementary school and provides students with greater learning opportunities. Full-day kindergarten students attend from 8:40am - 3:25pm. Everyone who requests full-day kindergarten will be accommodated.
- 2018-2019 Tuition: The Board of Education has eliminated tuition for full-day kindergarten; families of kindergarten students will be assessed the $140 material and supply fee that applies to all students in grades K-8.
Half-day kindergarten is available at no cost and only for the morning session. Students who attend half-day leave school at the lunch break. There is no bus transportation available after morning kindergarten.
Parents will be asked to indicate their session preference (full-day or half-day morning) on the online enrollment application.
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. This is a District fee, due on July 1.
- PTO Activities: Special Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care 5 days a week at each elemetnary building. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Address or Family Status
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Rebecca Rudd at email@example.com if you have any questions.