Upcoming Board Meetings and Board Committee Meetings
At the guidance of Illinois Open Meetings Act P.A.101-0640, meetings will be conducted virtually. Open/community participation will be taken on the dedicated voicemail line that we created for public comment. If you have a comment to share, please dial 619-618-0715 and leave your comment via voicemail by 2:30PM on the day of the meeting. Per our usual guidelines, please limit length to two minutes, and remember to state your name and your relationship to the district if you wish for your comment to be played at the meeting. Thank you for your flexibility. Per the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/7(e), this meeting and future virtual meetings will be recorded via Zoom. Instructions to listen in are noted on the DPS 109 website, on this agenda and included herein.
New! BoardBook Premier Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
BoardBook migrated to a new platform called BoardBook Premier beginning with the Regular Meeting on September 21, 2020. From now on, Community Agendas, Packets, and Minutes for Board Meetings will be found here. Board Committee agendas will also be posted here:
Archived Community Agendas, Packets, and Minutes from September 8, 2020 and prior:BoardBook Classic was used to create and post community agenda packets and meeting minutes beginning with the May 16, 2016 through the September 8, 2020 meeting here: Community Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Previous meeting community packets, agendas, minutes, and board committee information are posted in the folders below along, as are items presented during meetings, and Board Briefs, a summary designed to give a timely and quick newsletter-style overview of the Board meeting. Archived community packets, agendas, and minutes prior to May 16, 2016.
Committee Notices, Agendas, Minutes & Documents (2018 and prior)
Board Meeting Participation
The community is encouraged to attend Board of Education meetings, and contribute during the community participation periods. In all regular Board of Education meetings, the Board follows a set agenda that include two opportunities for community participation. Committee meetings and special meetings may have different community participation opportunities.
Meetings follow Robert’s Rules of Order. Based on those rules and District 109 Board policy, here are the procedures for public comment:
1. Members of the community who address the Board during community participation will speak from the podium or other speaking platform provided in front of the Board. They should introduce themselves and describe their relationship with the District (e.g., “Parent of children who attend Wilmot and Caruso,” or “Community member with no children in District 109 schools.”).
2. Community participation is your opportunity to present information to the Board. The remainder of the meeting is for Board discussion.
3. You can comment once during each community participation period. During the first community participation period, please only address topics that are listed on the agenda so the Board can hear discussion about items on which they may take action during the meeting. The second community participation period, at the end of the meeting, is open to discussion of any topic. If you have questions or comments about what you heard during Board discussion in the meeting, please share it during the second community participation period.
4. If there are many people who would like to speak or other time considerations, the Board may choose to limit the first community participation period to 45 minutes; if there are a significant number of community members who would like to speak, the Board may also limit each individual’s comment period to two minutes in order to allow everyone an opportunity to be heard. The second community participation period will have no time limit.
5. The Board will offer quick answers when possible. When questions require research or longer responses, or if time gets short, the Board or administration may follow up with answers either via email or by posting information online if appropriate.