What Makes District 109 Early Learners Special
District 109 firmly believes and supports the academic, social and emotional growth of all children in the most authentic and rich learning environment. To support this belief, District 109 offers residents the exemplary early childhood program, which serves a blend of typically developing preschoolers and preschoolers with special needs.
The focus of Early Learners is to prepare children to succeed in the District 109 kindergarten curriculum by offering instructional support and activities in pre-academic, social-emotional, motor and language development.
- Class sizes are limited to approximately fifteen children to ensure individualized attention in a structured and nurturing environment.
- Multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified staff provides a model to support the growth and development of all students within the classroom setting.
- Program location is at South Park Elementary School, a friendly neighborhood school, with access to easy pick-up and drop-off locations. Early Learners offers “extras” that only a school setting can provide: large versatile facility with access to gym, library, fun holiday events, upper-grade helpers and connections to District 109 kindergarten curriculum.
- Affordability and a longer school year (August–June) provides parents with an outstanding value. Early Learners aligns with the District 109 calendar for easy planning. Flexible payment plans are also available to help families budget.
District 109 offers three options in the Early Learners program.
- Morning 3-year-old preschool (9:00-11:30 a.m.) - Waitlist for 2021-22
- Afternoon 3-year-old preschool (12:30-3:00 p.m.) - Waitlist for 2021-22
- Afternoon 4-year-old preschool (12:30-3:00 p.m.) - Space available for 2021-22
- Full-Day PreK/4-year-old preschool (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) - Waitlist for 2021-22
Contact Janet Gruenwald for waitlist information for the 21-22 school year.
All of the program options are 5-days/week. Consistency and routines are vital to our students' success!
Click here for registration information.
School Hours and Tuition Information
- Morning Preschool Hours: 9:00am-11:30am
- Afternoon Preschool Hours: Monday – Friday, 12:30pm–3:00pm
- Full-Day Preschool Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm
Tuition for 2021-22
- Half-Day Program $5,250
- Full-Day Program $9,950
Flexible payment plans and pro-rated tuition for students who start mid-year are available.
Early Learners 2023-24
Registration for 2022-23 opened on December 1, 2021. To register for the 22-23 school year, please click on the registration link above.
While we do not have a waitlist for 2023-24, feel free to complete this form to be added to our communication list.