Student Registration & Residency
Registration for the 2020-21 school year:Early Learners Program:Please see the Early Learners registration page.All Kindergarten and New 1st - 8th Grade students:The online enrollment application will open on Monday, December 2, 2019.Please follow the "Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3" steps listed below.Please note: Active K-8 students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually. Early Learners Pre-K students ARE required to register for Kindergarten.Kindergarten and Early Learners Drop-In Registration Dates:Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 7:30AM - 3:00PM at the District Office, 517 Deerfield Rd.Thursday, February 20, 2020 from Noon - 7:00PM at the District Office, 517 Deerfield Rd.
Registration for the 2019-20 school year:Early Learners Program:Please see the Early Learners registration page.Kindergarten - 8th Grade students:Please follow the "Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3" steps listed below.Please note: After December 1, 2019, your online application will default to the2020-21 school year. Please contact Katy Ruocco to let her know your applicationis for the current school year.
For questions about registration, please contact:
Katy Ruocco, Registrar
847-945-1844 x7223 ~ email@example.com
For questions about residency, change of address, or change of family status, please contact:
Rebecca Rudd, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
847-945-1844 x7240 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually.
- Only students who reside within the District 109 boundaries are eligible to register; we cannot consider requests for enrollment from out-of-district residents.
- Students in grades K-8 shall attend the school designated for their attendance area. (Board Policy 7:30) Please use the district's Address Finder to confirm the school of enrollment for your home.
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3
To register a NEW student, please follow these three easy steps:
1. Complete an online enrollment application for each child.
- If you are a current District 109 parent, log into the Enrollment Access area of Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password (see image below to find Enrollment Access).
- If you are new to District 109, click this link to begin the registration process.
2. Gather the FOUR (4) required documents:
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (a copy will be made and the original returned to you)
- One (1) from this list:
- Property Tax Bill
- Warranty Deed
- Signed Lease with Proof of payment
- Two (2) from this list:
- Drivers lL License
- License plate registration
- Voter registration
- Auto insurance card/statement
- Gas, Electric or Water utility bill (no cable or phone bills)
- Please note that we also require Parenting Agreement documentation for divorced families.
3. Finalize your child's registration:
For 2020-21 Kindergarten and Early Learners registrations, please come to one of our drop-in registration dates:
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 7:30AM - 3:00PM at the District Office, 517 Deerfield Rd.
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 from Noon - 7:00PM at the District Office, 517 Deerfield Rd.
If you are not able to attend drop-in registration, please contact Katy Ruocco at email@example.com for Kindergarten or Christie Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org for Early Learners to schedule an appointment to review your application, proof of residency and birth certificate documentation.
For all 2019-20 K-8th grade registrations and all 2020-21 1st-8th grade registrations, please contact Katy Ruocco at email@example.com to schedule an appointment to review your application, proof of residency and birth certificate documentation.
Full-Day kindergarten is available at each elementary school and provides students with greater learning opportunities. Full-day kindergarten students attend from 8:40am - 3:25pm. Everyone who requests full-day kindergarten will be accommodated.
- 2019-2020 Tuition: The Board of Education has eliminated tuition for full-day kindergarten; families of kindergarten students will be assessed the $150 material and supply fee that applies to all students in grades K-8.
Half-day kindergarten is available only for the morning session. Students who attend half-day leave school at the lunch break. There is no bus transportation available after morning kindergarten.
Parents will be asked to indicate their session preference (full-day or half-day morning) on the online enrollment application.
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. This is a District fee, due on July 1.
- PTO Activities: Special Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care 5 days a week at each elementary building. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Address or Family Status
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Rebecca Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.