Student Registration & Residency
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is OPEN! ALL KINDERGARTEN and NEW 1ST-8TH GRADE students: Please follow the "Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3" steps.
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration
Upcoming Kindy Round Up events at each school this Spring provide all registered incoming students with an authentic kindergarten experience. This allows teachers, principals & assistant principals, and staff to get to know your child prior to the first day of school, and helps your child become familiar with their new school.
Kindy Round Up is reserved for fully registered incoming kindergarten children and their parents only. Your child's registration must be complete so that your family will be eligible to participate.
- Active K-8 students currently enrolled are NOT required to re-register annually. Early Learners Pre-K students ARE required to register for Kindergarten.
- Only students who reside within the District 109 boundaries are eligible to register; we cannot consider requests for enrollment from out-of-district residents.
- Students in grades K-8 shall attend the school designated for their attendance area. (Board Policy 7:30) Please use the district's address finder linked below to confirm the school of enrollment for your home.
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3
To register a NEW student, please follow these three easy steps:
1. Complete an online enrollment application for each child.
- If you are a current District 109 parent, log into Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password. Choose New Student Enrollment.
- If you are new to District 109, please fill out our new online registration application.
2. Gather the FOUR (4) required documents:
Note: These documents can be uploaded with your online registration application if you wish. Skyward limits you to one document, so it works best if you are able to scan your documents into one PDF file. You will still need to show us the original birth certificate in person.
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (a copy will be made and the original returned to you)
- One (1) from this list:
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Title or Warranty Deed
- Signed Lease with Proof of payment
- Two (2) from this list (must show your name and current address):
- Drivers License or State ID
- License plate registration
- Voter registration
- Auto insurance card/statement
- Gas, Electric, Water, or Waste Removal dated within the past three (3) months (no cable, wifi, or phone bills)
- We also request a copy of the Parenting Agreement for divorced families
3. Finalize your child's registration:
Rosa Castillo, Registrar, will contact you with instructions for finalizing your registration. Please watch for an email from email@example.com.
Full-Day kindergarten is available at each elementary school and provides students with greater learning opportunities. Kindergarten students attend from 8:40am - 3:25pm.
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder below to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. Please sign up for the milk option in order for us to supply the appropriate amount.
- PTO Activities: Special Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care 5 days a week at each elementary building. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Address/Family Status
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Rebecca Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If the address you are looking at is close in proximity to a school district boundary line, please contact Rebecca Rudd at email@example.com to confirm which school building your family will attend. You may also reference the Board of Education Residency Policy 7.30.
Click icon above.
Click icon above for contact info.
Residency, Change or Address/Family Status
Click icon above for contact info.