Return to Headlines
Important Arrival/Dismissal Info For Return To Full In-Person Learning
Arrival and Dismissal
With the entire school arriving and dismissing at the same time it is essential that EVERYONE follow our arrival and dismissal procedures. Our new arrival time for all elementary schools is 8:35 am. Please do NOT drop students prior to 8:35 as that is the time staff are on duty to assist students. Students are expected to be in the building by 8:45, with instruction starting at 8:50. If your child arrives after 8:45 please have them enter through the front doors. All staff assigned to work the exterior doors will need to leave their spots at 8:45 so it is essential that you send your child to the front door if you arrive after 8:45. Here are a few changes we will make regarding arrival and dismissal.
- I must start by asking for your patience and for you to focus on the safety of our students, the staff and all of the other families. Please know that the first week will be slow and it might present many delays as we get acclimated to the increase in cars. We apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience. We will do our best to make improvements and speed things up, but only if we can do it safely.
- Beginning on Monday, we will no longer ask parents to park and walk their kindergartener and first grader to the back of the school. All families can drive through the drop off lane to drop off and pick up their child (children).
- Due to an increase of cars going through the drop off/pick up lane, we are going to divert traffic through the parking area near the district center before vehicles make it to the turn around spot at the end of the driveway (this is for pick up only).
- All drivers must pull all the way forward in the drop off and pick up lane. Please continue to pull as far forward as possible so we can fit as many cars as possible in the lane and avoid having cars waiting to pull in from Kipling Place. We will continue to send your children down the sidewalk to catch up with you. Please do not stop and wait for them.
- Drivers should not get out of their car along the curb to assist students. This is very dangerous. Our staff are happy to assist and open doors with child safety locks.
- If you feel like you need to exit your car to assist, please park in a parking spot and walk over to the school to retrieve your child. If you do planning on picking up this way, you will need to wear a mask.
- Please only pick up children from the curb side. Many cars drive around other cars to exit the lane and might not see your child move out from the front of your car. Curb side only please.
- Drives should NEVER use their phone when on or around school property.
- Please watch the video to show the new pick up configuration
- To repeat, parents will no longer need to park and retrieve their kindergarten and first graders. Please drive through the drop off/pick up lane to pick up all of our children at the end of the day.
- Although not absolutely necessary, a sign with your child's (children's) name and grade (grades) will speed up the pick up line. Please affix sign either on the front windshield on the passenger's side or on the front door window on the passenger's side.